Friday, November 5, 2010

gentle not simple

I have been working on a few new spring dolls for a while now ...
after the lively socks and suzette, woody bears and lucky cats, I was in a mood for softness and gentleness, in the colors and in the expressions.
..but it's not easy to design something gentle and exciting at the same time, especially for a child..
everything is in the nuances; a smile, a few whiskers, an unexpected color transforms a character in a second, just like on a human face...

finally today, quietly, in my kitchen, between a tea and a french song, i think that i found the harmony that i had been looking for...






6 comments:

  1. Oh how I would just love to knit with you -- Your illustration is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the cream one in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, is that a lamb?? Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet. love the face on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lamb is too cute! I want one! Can't wait for spring

    ReplyDelete